The final week of Summer, Sweets and Supper is finally here, after a long hot summer filled with delicious recipes and lots of things going on in the world, I thought it fitting to leave you with one of my easiest comfort food recipes to close this project and the bring in the Autumn.
This dish is a big comforting bowl of Rigatoni Pasta, Peas, Parmesan and Mint. I love to cook this up after a day of work, when I want something filling and home cooked without any of the effort.
Other Pasta varieties will work great too, Rigatoni just happens to be my favourite.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g Rigatoni
- 40g Salted Butter
- 150g Frozen Garden Peas
- zest 1 Lemon
- 1 Clove Garlic crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh Mint sliced julienne
- 80g Parmesan finely grated
- Juice 1⁄2 Lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Begin by bringing a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the Rigatoni and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet or non stick frying pan over a medium heat and add 30g of the Butter.
- Once the butter starts foaming, add the Peas, crushed Garlic and Lemon zest.
- Heat, stirring around the pan for 2 minutes then add sliced Mint and the grated Parmesan.
- Add a ladle of the pasta water to the skillet and mix into the Pea and Parmesan mix to make a creamy emulsified sauce.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and add to the skillet along with the Lemon juice and the remaining 10g of Butter.
- Mix together until everything is nice and saucy and evenly coated. If the sauce looks too thick then add a bit more of the pasta water.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and serve immediately in pasta bowls with a final grating of fresh Parmesan.