The final dish of Summer, Sweets & Supper is here, and what a lovely project this was! I have enjoyed sharing all of these fun summer recipes with you all over the last 12 weeks so much and I hope that you have managed to find a few dishes to add to your culinary repertoire.
I am leaving you with this childhood Summer classic, Banana Split! Caramelised Banana topped with Vanilla Ice Cream, whipped canned cream, chocolate sauce and sprinkles. Now I know that this recipe doesn’t require any real cooking or skill, but I thought it fitting to end things off with a super chilled and nostalgic treat to end the summer on a high.
Thank you to everyone who has supported this blog in any way, be that through reading my posts, sharing your dishes or liking and sharing on social media, I truly appreciate every one of you.
Ingredients (makes 1 perfect for sharing between 2)
- 1 Banana
- 3 Scoops Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream (the kind in the squirty can)
- Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Rainbow Candy Sprinkles
- Cherry gummy Sweets
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Slice the banana in half lengthways. Sprinkle around a teaspoon of the sugar over the cut side of the halves and caramelise using a blow torch until golden and bubbling. Lay the Banana halves on your dish.
- Scoop the Ice cream into three round balls and position on top of the Banana.
- Top the Ice cream with a good amount of the whipped cream and finish with a drizzle of the chocolate sauce and rainbow sprinkles.
- Top everything off with a couple of gummy Cherry sweets and serve immediately.